Thursday, April 23, 2009

Retrospective Lense

Once I was a young child
You didn't know me then
I was lost in my world of make believe
I was sometimes a lonely thing
I was blessed with a mother and father
I was the apple of their eye
And looking back I wonder

Once I was in middle school
You knew about me then
Still a bit lost in make believe
Feeling more lonely some days
I was blessed with many good teachers
I was the center of my universe
And looking back I wonder

Once I was a teenage girl
You knew me much better then
I was lost in my dreams and dramas
When I was lonely I learned to numb pain
I was blessed with some very fine friends
I fell in love at every turn
And looking back I wonder

I was once a young mom
You were lost from my sight back then
I was buried in work and responsibilities
If I felt lonely I took my children on adventures
I was blessed with a beautiful family
Children were the center of my world
And looking back I wonder

I am now a grown woman
You are found like a jewel in the sand
My life is amazing and fast paced
Sometimes I'm lonely and I take it in stride
I am blessed with some great conversations
I am obsessed with cosmic connections
And looking back, I still wonder

No comments: